Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Kappa Delta Sorority

Philanthropy

Home
Shamrock 2006
About Us
Philanthropy
Sisters on Campus
Photos
Sisters

47b6df33b3127cce96c6ad05ed1d00000016108icsmrhozbe.jpg
Sisters &Lambda Chi Fraternity volunteering for Habitat for Humanity

Since its founding over 100 years ago, Kappa Delta Sorority has empowered countless women to leave a lasting mark on the world around them. As well as participating in the philanthropy events held by the other organizations in the Greek community, Kappa Delta is proud to have four philanthropy projects- the most of any Panhellenic sorority.

colorgic.gif

Girls Scouts of the U.S.A.

Kappa Delta is the first and only National Panhellenic sorority to adopt the Girl Scouts as a national philanthropy.  Kappa Delta has encouraged women, college-age and beyond, to be their best selves...caring individuals, concerned citizens, and community leaders. For almost as long, Girl Scouts has fostered the same ideals in younger girls. Together preparing girls for college, for life, for all they hope to become.  As a chapter, we support a local troop by attending weekly meetings and participating in Girl Scout activities.

childabuse.gif

Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA)

        Every spring, the Kappa Delta chapter holds Shamrock Event fundraisers which donate 80% to our local child abuse prevention agency the Hallelujah House ; and the remaining 20% is donated to National PCAA programs.  For the past nine years our chapter has sponsored a 5K Shamrock run to support this every important cause.  Our event always brings forth a lot of campus and community involvement throughout High Point.

Mr. Shamrock Competition
n70401209_30063360_3378.jpg

Sisters visiting Children's Hospital in November
childrenshospital.jpg

ch_logo.gif

 

Children’s Hospital in Richmond Virginia

        In 1921, Kappa Deltas in our founding state became interested in the fine work being done by a pioneer in treating polio victims. William Tate Graham, M.D., became renowned for his revolutionary approaches, and never turned away any patient for inability to pay. Beginning with the support of two beds in the fledgling clinic, Kappa Delta made a commitment to help. Now, more than 75 years later, Children’s Hospital treats all manner of children’s problems. Still no one is turned away for financial reasons. Kappa Delta’s support continues—donating the funds to build an operating room, develop a clinic, and buy a van to transport patients. The sorority is a primary sustaining supporter of the hospital, and Kappa Deltas serve on its boards. 

orthopaedic.gif

American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons

American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Research Awards Three awards of $20,000 are given annually to recognize outstanding research in orthopaedics and to enable researchers to continue their efforts. First presented in 1950, the awards have grown in stature to become known as the Nobel Prize of Orthopaedic Research, and one of the most coveted awards in this field. To date over 1.2 million dollars in awards have been given.

dove.jpg



Dove Campaign for Real Beauty



        Kappa Delta Sorority is proud to announce that it has joined forces with Dove through its Campaign for Real Beauty to help raise self-esteem in girls. The slogan is "Be Yourself. Be Beautiful. Be Proud to be a Kappa Delta." Girls and women of all ages benefit from the campaign as we explore what it is to be beautiful with our friends, coworkers, mothers and daughters.

Kappa Delta Sorority Gamma Gamma Chapter at High Point University.
833 Montlieu Ave.
High Point NC 27262