Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Kappa Delta Sorority

Shamrock 2006

Home
Shamrock 2006
About Us
Philanthropy
Sisters on Campus
Photos
Sisters

Info on Shamrock 2007- Coming soon!!

 

Shamrock 2006 came of with huge success!! 

 

Sister Laura Kirkman (Shamrock chair) organized a Mr. Shamrock pageant, a spaghetti dinner, and a 5K race with all proceeds going to benefit our local and national philanthropies. 80% of the money raised was donated to High Point’s Hallelujah House and the remaining 20% to our national philanthropy Prevent Child Abuse America.

This year we raised over $3,000 toward our philanthropy.

The Mr. Shamrock pageant was held on Wednesday March 1st at a High Point University’s women’s basketball game.  The contestants were Jacob Peters (Lambda Chi Alpha), James Schreiber (Pi Kappa Alpha), Dane Jackson, and Jake Lawrence (Kappa Chi Omega).  Contestants paid an entry fee and were voted on by the audience during half-time.  The winner was Jacob Peters. 

n70401209_30063377_1625.jpg
Contestants from left to right: Lawrence, Jackson, Peters, and Schreiber

The 1st annual spaghetti dinner was held on March 17th at the Centre Friends Meeting Church. Over fifty Community members and HPU students bought dinner tickets.  Sisters prepared and served spaghetti, salads, and cookies.  Entertainment was provided by the music from Tocatatones and Petal Points from High Point University.

n70401209_30063369_8879.jpg
Sister Laura Kirkman and Sylvia Harwood

n70401209_30063361_4191.jpg
Spaghetti dinner

n70401209_30063349_9947.jpg

kd48.jpg

Kappa Delta would like to thank all who particpated and donated their time and money to make this year's Shamrock a successful event.  We are all so grateful to everyone for their generosity!!

n70401209_30063346_8586.jpg

The 10th Annual Shamrock 5K race was held on March 18th at High Point University.  135 people participated in the race, more than ever before.  Participants received a free t-shirt and prizes were raffled off.  Fox 8 news covered the event.

n70401209_30063367_7802.jpg

n70401209_30063366_7471.jpg

n70401209_30063363_6321.jpg

n70401209_30063375_1059.jpg

n70401209_30063344_7611.jpg

Kappa Delta Sorority Gamma Gamma Chapter at High Point University.
833 Montlieu Ave.
High Point NC 27262